Fundraise for one hour
You can do a lot in just an hour
Whether you decide to charge an admission fee for your fundraiser, get sponsored by friends or simply ask for a donation, you’ll be helping us to support people with CMT in the UK.
Take a look at some of our suggestions below –
You can …
- Hold an office sweepstake. Don’t wait for the next World Cup – who’ll win X Factor or be the next character to leave your favourite soap? Check out Guess2Give!
- Organise festive fundraising! Go carol singing or ask for donations instead of Christmas or Birthday presents.
- Set yourself a hairy challenge – Men – get sponsored to shave your legs / chest / back for charity.
- Clear out the cupboards for cash
- Going, going, gone! Auction unwanted clothes, furniture, pictures – anything you like. Organise a Bring and Buy, and raid your wardrobes and host a clothes sale in your lunch break.
Fundraise for one day
What a difference a day makes!
Take a look at some of our suggestions below
You can …
- Dress up for the day – pick a theme and get your colleagues to make a donation to dress in a costume for a good cause.
- Organise a family fun day
- Hold a sports day or create an obstacle course challenge – great for all ages! Walk the walk – Challenge yourself to walk from here to …. there!
- Play quiz master. Hold a quiz night for colleagues, friends or family, and get local businesses to donate prizes.
- Plan a film-a-thon
- Dress up in your scariest costumes – or go trick or treating for donations.
- Talk like a pirate Arrr! Get your m’hearties to make a donation every time they forget to talk like a pirate…
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day! Show that you ‘heart’ CMT United Kingdom with a red-themed dress up day.
- Invite friends to a Cake Muffin and Tea party – Make and bake, and invite your friends and family to enjoy a tea-time treat – a great excuse to catch up over tea and cakes.
- Enter the Three Peaks Challenge – For the really adventurous, why not get sponsored to climb the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours?
You can raise money online – check out the Online Fundraising page for how to do that!
Fundraise for one week
Kick off a whole week of fundraising
Take a look at some of our suggestions below:
You can …
- Take on a sports challenge – Do a sponsored cycle or walk in a team and get fit while you raise money.
- Give something up – Get sponsored to go without something for a week (or start a swear jar!)
- Set up a scavenger hunt – Set your friends the challenge of finding all the things on your list in return for a donation.
- Get cooking – Ready, steady, donate – ask friends or colleagues to cook a dish, and then pay for the privilege of a taste.
- Do a sponsored jailbreak – See how far you can travel in one week and get sponsored to do it.
- Walk the school run – Get fit and get sponsored – turn the school run into a school walk for the week.
- Stay awake! Not for a whole week, that would be dangerous, but what about for 72 hours? Broadcast your efforts via online streaming services so people know you aren’t cheating!
Fundraise for one month
Make your month count
You can …
- Support CMT United Kingdom Awareness Month this September.
- Check out the talent – Hold a talent show, X Factor-style, with contestants and judges and charge for entry.
- Hold a mini festival – Ask friends to play music, cook, perform and come along to enjoy the fun in return for a donation.
- Cycle to work – Get sponsored to get fit and go green by cycling or walking to work for one month. Or donate the money you’d normally spend on transport.
- Clear out that clutter – Sell your unwanted stuff on eBay or Gumtree and donate the proceeds