Our Fundraisers, Members and Supporters drive everything we do at Charcot-Marie-Tooth UK. It’s only due to your generosity that we’re able to do as much as we do in supporting people with CMT in the UK.
You are at the heart of everything we do, so giving to us should be a great experience and we promise:
To be transparent about where your money goes
- We will provide information about our finances so you can see how your money is making a difference
- If you want, we can keep you up to date with what we are doing to help people with CMT in the UK.
- We will always tell the truth and not exaggarate
- We will do what we say we are going to do with donations we receive.
To respect any personal data you share with us
- Your data is safe with us. We never sell on your details, and we comply with data protection law
- Just let us know how you would like to communicate with us when you send your donation.
- If you don’t want to hear from us, that’s fine – you just need to tell us
- We will give clear information about how you can make a gift and how you can change a regular donation.
To operate our fundraising to the highest standards
- We strive for the highest possible standards in our fundraising. We are registered as a small charity with the Fundraising Regulator
- We adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice
- We are proud to champion the principles of honesty, accountability and transparency when fundraising
- We will monitor fundraisers, volunteers and other supporters who are working with us to raise funds to make sure they also comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this promise.
- We can always explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
To be respectful
- If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will respect your decision. We will never put pressure on you to make a donation
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, including the elderly
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
To listen and learn
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us. We really value your feedback – just contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), use the contact form on this website, or phone us on 0300 323 6316
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complate. You can find out complaints procedure here
Any questions? Please get in touch – we would love to hear from you
Thank you for your continued support. Together we will ensure that people with CMT get the care and support they need. If you have any further questions, please contact us on 0300 323 6316